defined as the months where returns are less than 5 on the distribution of

Defined as the months where returns are less than 5

This preview shows page 2 - 5 out of 6 pages.

Question 12.5Suppose that each of two investments has a 0.9% chance of $10Mloss and a 99.1% chance of $1M loss in 1 year. The investmentsare independent of each other. (a) What is VaR (1 year, 99%) for one of the investments? (b) What is ES (1 year, 99%) for one of the investments? 2
Image of page 2
(c) What is VaR (1 year, 99%) for a portfolio consisting of the twoinvestments? (d) What is ES (1 year, 99%) for a portfolio consisting of the twoinvestments? (e) Show that VaR does not satisfy the sub-additivity conditionwhereas ES does. Answers: 3
Image of page 3
Image of page 4
Image of page 5

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 6 pages?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture