the regaining of consciousness by Charles Grandison Finney after repose in a coma for
nearly twenty years at Sleepy Hollow, New York.
14. The 1825 completion of the 363-mile Erie Canal connected
15. Which of the following was
a significant trend in American thought during the market
16. Which was
an innovation associated with the market revolution of the first half of the
17. What effect did the Embargo of 1807 have on manufacturing in the United States?
reduced it gradually
caused a sharp collapse in U.S. manufacturers
stimulated its growth
reduced production in the North, but increased production in the South
18. Which of the following was
a feature of westward expansion during the early to mid-1800s?
19. In the period between 1820 and 1840, what two states combined saw the biggest spread
(increase) in cotton cultivation?
20. Which of the following was
a mounting source of concern over the effects of the market