A 10 15 grams per day b 12 grams per 10 kilograms of

Info icon This preview shows pages 2–5. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
a. 10-15 grams per day b. 12 grams per 10 kilograms of body weight c. 14 grams per 1,000 kilocalories in the diet Chapter Five 1) Which of the following sentences best describes lipids? a. Inorganic compounds that mix with water b. Organic nutrients that don’t dissolve in water
Image of page 2

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Unit 2 Test on March 22, 2017 c. Organic substances that absorb water 2) This common form of lipid represents about 95% of the fat in our diets. a. Glycerin b. Triglyceride c. Sterol 3) Fat provides almost twice the energy, or calories, per gram than that provided by either carbohydrate or protein. If a food contains five grams of fat, how many Calories does fat contribute to the food? a. 20 Calories b. 35 Calories c. 45 Calories 4) This fatty acid is a liquid at room temperature. a. Saturated fatty acid b. Monosaturated fatty acid c. Trans fatty acid 5) This process adds hydrogen atoms to a polyunsaturated fatty acid. a. Emulsification b. Reconfiguration c. Hydrogenation 6) The body makes its own supply of this lipid. a. Cholesterol b. Alpha-linolenic c. Linoleic 7) This organ produces bile that helps in the digestion of fats. a. Pancreas b. Kidneys c. Liver 8) Almost all dietary fat is absorbed in this organ. a. Stomach b. Small intestine c. Large intestine 9) During digestion, a triglyceride is broken down into these two substances. a. Diglyceride and a methyl group b. Monoglyceride and two fatty acids c. Glycerol and three fatty acids 10) This is the Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range for fat. a. 10-15% of total calories b. 20-35% of total calories c. 45-55% of total calories 11) This type of fatty acid has at least one double bond in the carbon-to-carbon chain. a. Saturated b. Sterol c. Unsaturated 12) Alpha-linolenic acid is an essential omega-3 fatty acid found in which of the following foods? a. Oranges and citrus fruits
Image of page 3
Unit 2 Test on March 22, 2017 b. Dark green leafy vegetables c. Butter and dairy products 13) This lipid-containing compound is soluble in water and helps to regulate movement of substances in and out of the cell. a. Cholesterol b. Tryglyceride c. Phospholipid 14) Fat is a primary source of energy during this type of activity. a. When you are resting b. When you are gaining weight c. When you just ate a large meal 15) Located outside of adipose cells, this enzyme breaks down triglycerides found in chylomicrons to produce a monoglyceride and two free fatty acids. a. Lipoprotein lipase b. Triglyceridase c. Amylase 16) There is no Adequate Intake recommended for linoleic acid. a. True b. False 17) Which of the following statements concerning fats is true? a. Consumption of trans fat is recommended by the Institute of Medicine b. Trans fats are widely dispersed in the U.S. food supply c. Diets high in trans fats increase the risk of cardiovascular disease 18) Limit your consumption of saturated fat to less than this amount each day. a. 7% of total calories b. 15% of total calories c. 35% of total calories 19) The In-Depth on Cardiovascular Disease describes different types of lipoproteins. Which of the following lipoproteins has a low fat content and is 50% protein?
Image of page 4

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 5
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern