100%(1)1 out of 1 people found this document helpful
This preview shows page 57 - 63 out of 71 pages.
Push with your buttocks, hamstrings, and quadriceps to return to the start position. Complete all the given repetitions for one leg and then switch.
- All Rights Reserved58 Single Leg Hip Extension Get on your back with your heels up on the bench. Raise your glutes off the floor by squeezing your butt. Swing Curls Lie on your back with your heels up on the swing. Raise your glutes off the floor by squeezing your butt. Keeping your hips off the floor bring your heels under your body. Extend fully while keeping your hips off the floor. Repeat.
- All Rights Reserved59 Core Holds (front & side)FRONT HOLD Lie on your stomach on a mat. Raise your body in a straight line and rest your bodyweight on your elbows and toes so that your body hovers over the mat. Keep your back straight and your hips up. Hold (brace) your abs tight. Contract them as if someone was about to punch you in the stomach, but breath normally. Hold this position for the recommended amount of time or 10 seconds if you are doing multiple repetitions. SIDE HOLDLie on a mat on your right side. Support your bodyweight with your knees and on your right elbow. Raise your body in a straight line so that your body hovers over the mat. Keep your back straight and your hips up. Hold your abs tight. Contract them as if someone was about to punch you in the stomach, but breath normally. Hold this position for the recommended amount of time or 8-10 seconds if you are doing multiple repetitions.
- All Rights Reserved60 Inverted or Modified RowsSet a bar at hip height in the smith machine or squat rack. Lie underneath the bar and grab it a few inches wider than shoulder-width apart. Row yourself up the top position with your upper back and lats. Keep the abs braced and body in a straight line from toes (knees) to shoulders. Slowly return to the start position.Partner Glute Ham RaiseKneel on the floor in front of your partner. Have your partner hold your feet down at the heels. Then lower your body to the ground using your hands to brace yourself. Using your hamstrings, pull your torso back to the upright position.
- All Rights Reserved61 Chin UpsTake underhand grip on the bar with the palms facing you. Pull your body up until the chest reaches bar level. Slowly lower yourself but do not let your body swing and do not use momentum.V UpsLie on your back with your arms extended over your head. Simultaneously bring your straight arms and legs up to the top. When you achieve a V position with your body, slowly lower your body back to the starting position.
- All Rights Reserved62 Box JumpsStanding in front of a 24” box; jump upon the box with both feet. Jump backwards off the box to the starting position. Repeat. Step UpsStand in front of a 24” box.Place one foot on top of the box.