Thread question 5 project management software company

• Bellevue University
  • MBA 675
  • Homework Help
  • BellevueRebel
  • 94% (17) 16 out of 17 people found this document helpful

This preview shows page 2 - 4 out of 28 pages.

Thread:Question 5: Project Management SoftwareCompanyPost:RE: Question 5: Project Management SoftwareCompanyAuthor:Posted Date:February 27, 2016 8:09 AMStatus:PublishedHi Erika, Thanks for sharing this resource. I just wanted to add another option.GanttProject is an open source program which has been in development forover ten years. The program is free and available on , oron their open hub site .This program is compatible with Microsoft Project, windows, linux andMacOSX. It can use imported and exported data, and it is completely free evento businesses.According to reviews, there is a considerable learning curve, as the projectmanagement can be quite complicated to someone who is not familiar withproject management theory. (Bowen, 2011). Reviews on CNET.com suggestedthat the program lacks some of the advanced functionality of MS Project (UserReviews, nd), but the benefits are that it is free, and it supports multipleoperating systems.Bowen, R. (2011). GanttProject ­ Review.Brighthubpm.com. Retrieved from:­reviews­tips/1729­ganttproject­review/User Reviews. (nd). GanttProject.CNET.comRetrieved from:­2076_4­10616093.htmlGanttProject. (nd).Website.Sue Smithee
3/6/2016Collection – MBA675­T303 Operations & Logistics in the (...3/28(Post is Read)Thread:Question 5: Project Management SoftwareCompanyPost:RE: Question 5: Project Management SoftwareCompanyAuthor:Posted Date:February 29, 2016 11:00 PMStatus:Published(Post is Read)Ericka,Thanks for sharing this website. I can see where this software could be verybeneficial, especially when I think back to my most recent employmentposition. Our company had over 15 locations spread over a several hundred mileradius and no project management software in use, as far as I am aware.To complete projects, we relied primarily on email and phone conferences.Emails can become messy, especially if one group member replies to just theprevious sender, not to all contacts involved. This software would allow allinvolved contacts to see each of the threads.The online chat would allow members to type messages to each other, ratherthan by use of phone. Many employee offices were located in cubes, and phoneconversation was often distracting. Online chat would be more personal, as well.In addition, the document storage provided by the software company wouldprovide a safer, more efficient form of storage than the shared drive that wasused.The software would come at a cost, but I feel it would have been a great benefitto the company and worth the cost.

• Left Quote Icon

Student Picture

• Left Quote Icon

Student Picture

• Left Quote Icon

Student Picture