ordered ginger ale, Marty was demonstrating that ________.
93) Which of the following statements is FALSE?
94) Schemas help people do all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A) make sense of the confusing array of sensory input
B) minimize stereotypes and discrimination
C) choose what information to heed or to ignore
D) manage ambiguous information
95) A schema is dysfunctional if it ________.
96) A(n) ________ is a set of overly simplified and often inaccurate beliefs about the typical
characteristics of a particular group.
97) Schemas can hinder objective understanding because they ________.
98) The MOST effective method for preventing stereotyping in an organization is to ________.
A) require employees to eliminate their use of schemas
B) treat all workers the same and ignore individual differences when making decisions
C) pretend to ignore the fact that someone is a different race, age, gender, or nationality
D) encourage employees to think about the characteristics that really affect job performance
99) ________ can be dysfunctional and damaging to the perceiver, the target, and the