38. What should employers do if they wish to encourage employees to accept a promotion to a job in a higher grade?
39. Why can red circle rates to result above the maximum for the pay range?
40. Tiffany works as an IT specialist at Nortel. She is compensated based on such skills as programming and service to clients. It is likely that she is paid under which of the following pay plans?
41. According to your text, which of the following is the predominant approach to employee compensation? A. pay-for-performanceB. competence-based payC. job-based payD. individual contract
42. Which of the following is NOTa potential challenge to competence-based pay?
43. Which of the following pay systems would an organization wishing to establish greater job-staffing flexibility most likely use? A. straight pay
44. Which of the following is the most likely outcome of collapsing many salary grades into a few wide salary bands through broadbanding? A. It reduces pay levels.
45. Woolite Fabrics is located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Which of the following laws regulate its compensation? A. federal and international lawsB. municipal and federal laws