90. Which of the following developments most immediately followed the writing of these
a. Congress passing several amendments to assist former slaves.
b. President Johnson calling for northern revenge on the South.
c. Ex-Confederate generals agreeing that secession was illegal.
d. Southern states passing legislation that limited black liberties.
91. The statements of both sources share the same goal of:
[NAT, POL; Comparison]
92. Radical Republicans would agree with the positions of the first source by:
93. “Redeemers” would agree with the positions of the second source by:
94. The ideas expressed by the first source are most consistent with which of the following?
[NAT, POL, WXT; Interpretation]
a. The role of the church in the black community was central, as African-Americans formed
their own congregations.
b. The black family maintained equality within the household, as both husband and wife
labored and tended to the children.
c. The social mobility of blacks was dependent upon their own level of expertise they could
offer to future employers.
d. The economic stability of the freedmen was dependent upon the past working relationship
with their former master.
95. The quotation “no skill in mechanic arts”, as stated in the second source, would have been
most directly challenged by: