What is the expected amount in this game for numbers

Info icon This is a preview. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
What is the expected amount in this game? For numbers 36 to 39: The loaves of bread distributed to local stores by a certain bakery have an average length of 30 centimeters and a standard deviation of 2 centimeters. (Please refer to the given statistical outputs below) Normal Probabilities
Image of page 5
6 Common Data Mean 30 Standard Deviation 2 Probability for a Range Probability for X <= From X Value 29.3 X Value 31.7 To X Value 33.5 Z Value 0.85 Z Value for 29.3 -0.35 P(X<=31.7) 0.802337457 Z Value for 33.5 1.75 P(X<=29.3) 0.3632 Probability for X > P(X<=33.5) 0.9599 X Value 25.5 P(29.3<=X<=33.5) 0.5968 Z Value -2.25 P(X>25.5) 0.9878 Find X and Z Given Cum. Pctage. Cumulative Percentage 90.00% Probability for X<31.7 or X >25.5 Z Value 1.281552 P(X<31.7 or X >25.5) 1.7901 X Value 32.5631 Find X and Z Given Cum. Pctage. Cumulative Percentage 10.00% Z Value -1.281552 X Value 27.4369 Assuming that the lengths are normally distributed,
Image of page 6
Image of page 7
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern