{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Pharmacy Practice I_Aug28_2012syllabus (5)

B successful completion of team assignments c

Info iconThis preview shows pages 3–6. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
b. Successful completion of team assignment(s) c. Completion of self/peer/team evaluation forms as assigned 3. Ethics Cases (See Appendix C at the end of the course outline) a. Each group must submit its case to the course’s digital drop box by Wednesday, November 28 at 12noon. 4. Library Skills Assignment – online assignment available from 4:30pm on 10/2 until 11:59pm on 10/7. 5. One page reflection paper on Cultural Competency (See Appendix B at the end of the course outline) due to the course’s digital drop box by 11:59pm on 11/8/2011.
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
August 28, 2012 4 K. Grading 1. Jefferson Health Mentors Program – 15% of total course grade a. Participation in orientation – 2.5% of total course grade b. Submission of team Comprehensive Health History plan and ICF Synthesis documents– 2.5% of the total course grade (Application of HMP grading rubric to be determined) c. Submission of team ICF Synthesis – 2.5% of the total course grade (Application of HMP grading rubric to be determined) c. Participation in the small group discussion session - 5% of the total course grade d. Completion of Peer/Self Evaluation forms – 2.5% of total course grade 2. Completion of Self-Assessment of Curricular Outcomes – 8% 3. Group Ethics Cases - 10% of total course grade 4. Library Skills Assignment – 10% of total course grade 5. Quizzes – 40% of total course grade (each quiz worth 10%) 6. One page reflection paper focusing on cultural competency – 15% 7. Completion of course evaluation – 2% of total course grade Grading scale A+ 97.5-100 B+ 86.5-89.4 C+ 76.5-79.4 D+ 66.5-69.4 A 92.5-97.4 B 82.5-86.4 C 72.5-76.4 D 62.5-66.4 A- 89.5-92.4 B- 79.5-82.4 C- 69.5-72.4 D- 59.5-62.4 F <59.5 Note: In order to progress in the JSP Doctor of Pharmacy Program, you must earn a C or better in this course. L. Teaching Methods – may include some or all of the following: o Interactive Turning Point classroom activities o Lecture o Small group discussions with brief presentations to the group as a whole o Case vignettes o Assigned Readings o Active learning through the JHM Program o Online, self-directed programming M. Prerequisites: None N. Instructional Resources Required text: Kelly WN. Pharmacy: What It Is and How It Works. CRC Publishing Company, Boca Raton, Florida. 2nd Edition, 2007. Recommended texts: Thompson JE, Davidow LW, Davidow L. A Practical Guide to Contemporary Pharmacy Practice. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA. 2 nd edition, 2003. O. Additional Course Requirements and Policies 1. Attendance Your attendance for this course is required. For each scheduled class meeting that the student misses, 5% will be deducted from their final course grade.
Background image of page 4
August 28, 2012 5 Absences may be approved at the discretion of the course coordinators. In the event of an absence, one of the course coordinators must be contacted in advance of the class meeting. 2.
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 6
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Page3 / 9

b Successful completion of team assignments c Completion of...

This preview shows document pages 3 - 6. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon bookmark
Ask a homework question - tutors are online