15. With its ruling in Reno v. ACLU in 1997, the Supreme Court invalidated a federal law passed to protect minors from “indecent” and “patently offensive” communications via the Internet. What was the Court’s rationale in its invalidation of the federal law?
16. In various opinions over several decades the Supreme Court has protected what it refers to as “symbolic speech.” Which of the following is not an example of symbolic speech?
17. According to the Supreme Court’s Miller v. California (1973) ruling, a work is considered obscene if which ofthe following criteria is met?
18. The legal rule requiring that all evidence illegally obtained by police in violation of the Bill of Rights must beexcluded from admission in a court of law, is called the _________________. a. good faith exception b. Katz test c. exclusionary rule d. ex post facto law e. free exercise clause
19. Katz v. United States established the protection of _________________.