20. Saul Sternberg (1966) did an important study on retrieval of information from Short Term Memory. He hypothesized that processing of an information set in Short Term Memory could be either
21. A typical serial position curve shows that recall of words in a list is best for items __________ of the list and poorest for items __________.
22. Recent fMRI work suggests that brain areas used in a.verbal comprehension are the same as those used in perception.b.verbal comprehension are the same as those used in mental rotation. c.perception are not the same as those used in mental rotation.d.perception are the same as those used in mental rotation.
23. Edward Tolman argued that rats running a maze learn a __________, an internal representation of the maze.
24. Flashbulb memories tend to be
25. Brief sensory memory for visual information is known as