62. A sound class is called:
63. Two sounds which belong to the same sound class are called:
64. The entities of language that convey meaning are called:
65. A system of communication is generally known as:
a. orallanguage b. written language c. communicants d. language
66. A morpheme is composed of:
67. The study of the arrangements of morphemes, words and phrases in sentence is:
68. Another term for dictionary is:
69. In the word hands, there is/are ___________ morpheme/s.
a. 0 b. 1 c. 2 d. none of the choices
70. The word fingeris described as having:
71. Morphemes are classified by linguists as bound or free, and as roots and affixes. Affixes are added:
72. The general term given to the process whereby various roots and affixes are combined to form words.
73. A compound is the result of the union of two or more free morphemes. Which is not a compound?
a. transgression b. motorboat c. centerpiece d. doorknob
74. The underlined noun in the sentence John likes that book..is used as :
75. Which is a mass noun?
76. The following nouns committee, mob, herd are called:
77. Me, you, it refer to the speaker, the hearer or the person or thing spoken about. These are called:
a. reflexive pronouns b. intensive pronouns c. relative pronouns d. personal pronouns
Someone, anybody, anything
Which is a reflexive pronoun?
Intransitive verbs are those that do not take objects. Which among the underlined verbs function as