13. Which of the following species does not obey the octet rule on the central atom?
14. According to the VSEPR Theory, a molecule with the general formula AX6will have a ______ molecular shape.
15. Compare the VSEPR Theory with the Valence Bond Theory. A molecule with the general formula AX2E2will have ____ atomic orbital hybridization on the central atom “A”.a. sp2b. sp3c. sp3dd. sp3d2
16. The Valence Bond Theory predicts that a molecule with 5 sigma bonds on the central atom and no non-bonding pairs of electrons uses ____ hybrid orbitals to form its bonds.
17. A triple bond is composed of ____ sigma and ____ pi bonds.
18. Use an MO diagram to predict which of the following species will have the electron configuration (σ1s)2(σ1s*)2(σ2s)2.
19. Use an MO diagram to predict which of the following species will have the electron configuration (σ1s)2(σ1s*)2(σ2s)2(σ2s*)2(π2p)4(σ2p)1.a. N2+1b. B2c. N2-1d. O2+1
20. According to MO Theory, the O2molecule is paramagnetic because it has ____ unpaired electrons in the ____ molecular orbital(s).
1) Which of the following is a covalent compound?