45. Stretch marks develop on the abdomen of pregnant women because of stretching and rupture of the
46. Fingerprints and footprints are produced by projections into the epidermis called
47. Parallel curving ridges of dermis that shape the overlying epidermis into fingerprints
A. are associated with thin skin.
B. improve the grip of the hands.
C. decrease friction on surfaces where they are located.
D. are caused by the pattern of the reticular layer of the dermis.
E. tend to make the surface smooth.
48. If you accidentally cut your arm and see connective tissue and fat, which layer(s) was/were cut?
49. Vitamin C is essential for normal collagen synthesis. If a child suffered from a vitamin C deficiency, which
layer of the skin would be most affected?