Chapter 24 Study QuestionsDigestive System
53) Which of the following cells secretes pepsinogen?
54) Describe the structures and functions of the enteric nervous system.
55) Explain why food does not normally go up into your nasal cavity or down into your lungs when you swallow-
even if you are standing on your head when you swallow. 56) Describe the role of the liver in protein metabolism.
57) Identify the protein-hydrolyzing enzymes in the digestive tract, and name their sources. Why are these enzymes
released in an inactive form?
58) Describe the structural characteristics of the small intestine that enhance its function as the major absorber of