29) Which of the following is TRUE about gender difference in listening behavior?
Women listen better than men do.
Men tend to listen for feelings rather than facts.
Women tend to listen for the facts and ignore feelings in messages.
We can improve our communication by becoming aware of gender differences in listening and
asking the speaker to clarify their meaning.
30) Tyson’s instructor assigned him to listen to a political presentation on campus. According to
your text, in which order should Tyson complete the necessary mental tasks?
31) Which of the following represents the lowest-level of abstraction?
32) Which of the following is an effective guideline for expressing messages clearly?
33) A specialized technical form of vocabulary that allows professionals to communicate about
issues important to their field is referred to as