32. Compare homologous chromosomes with sister chromatids. A homologous chromosome pair is best described as two chromosomes having
33. Read the statements carefully! Sex chromosomes are
34. The primary difference between mitosis & meiosis in animals is:
35. Meiosis involves the formation of haploid cells from diploid cells. The haploid chromosome number is created when A. Homologous chromosomes separate B. DNA replication is bypassed during meiotic interphase. C. Sister chromatids separate D. Eggs & sperm go through their respective maturation processes.
36. What is the major difference between meiosis II & mitosis?
37. If an organism is heterozygous for two traits that are linked, how many different genotypes are possible in the gametes?
38. How many genetically unique types of gametes can an individual with the genotype R1R2Y1Y1S produce? HINT: The two alleles of a gene segregate from each other during meiosis. If two genes are on different chromosomes,