120. At the height of the American Revolution, British forces included
122. Committees of correspondence ● Served as a communications network to coordinate resistance against British laws 123. The battle at Saratoga ● Convinced the french to enter the war on the American side 124.After 1763, the British government ● Moved to centralize its control over the immense empire England had following the seven years’ war 125. After the Treaty of Paris, the British : tried to entice Vermont back into the British empire. 125. Between 1775 and 1800, southerners defended slavery by ● Arguing that enslaving African-Americans protected the liberty of white Americans 126. During the Revolution ● Thousands of women followed the American and British armies, providing important services to the troops 127. During the 1770s, state governments became more democratic because
128. The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 did all of the following EXCEPT 129. During the American Revolution, the majority of Indian nations who had contact with the belligerents 130. The Revenue Act, or Sugar Act, of 1764 131. In 1800, Thomas Jefferson was elected president by the 132. The Monroe Doctrine 133. The Continental Army's winter at Valley Forge 134. The constitution of the United States reflected the belief that
○ special interests rather than civic virtue shaped people, and conflicting groups were a constant in political life. 135. The Shawnee Tecumseh ○ Created a confederation among northern tribes but could not do the same in the south. 136. The Barbary pirates ● were particularly objectionable to Americans because of their Muslim heritage 137. Thomas Jefferson viewed the West as ○ an area vital to preserving his agrarian ideals. 138. The British believed they had the right to tax the colonies for all of the following reasons EXCEPT the colonists were represented in Parliament by their own duly elected officials. 139. The British agreed to end the war against the Americans because ● Of the broad threat that continuing the war posed to the entire empire 140. The Declaration of Independence ● Affirmed government by consent and the right to rebel
against oppression 141. When William Pitt took control over the war effort, he ● focused British efforts on winning the war in North America 142. During the American Revolution ● African-Americans served on both sides he of the conflict Incorrect Answers 2. During the American Revolution ●The British organized runaway slaves into an elite regiment.●the Continental Army allowed African-Americans to serve, but the British army did not.3. Congress garnered soldiers for the continental army
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 23 pages?
- Fall '08
- American Revolution, United States Declaration of Independence, Thirteen Colonies