9) On 17 June 1789, members of the Third Estate seceded (define) and
organized themselves into a new assembly called
The National Assembly
swore to stay in session until France had what?
10) On July 14, 1789, a crowd of people stormed this castle where political
prisoners were kept. July 14, is still celebrated as Independence Day in
France. What was the name of the castle?
11) Note: in France, July 14, Bastille Day is still celebrated today just like July
4, Independence Day in the United States.
12) The French
Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen
was modeled on the
American Declaration of Independence. Outline the 3 major points of the French
13) This motto of the French Revolution came from the ideals of the
14) Outline the reforms of that transform France into from a divine right
absolute monarchy form of government into a constitutional monarchy:
Required the clergy to take an oath of loyalty to the state