11. What is the Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome?
12.What is pellagra and what is its cause? What symptoms are manifested?
13.Cheilosis, stomatitis, and glossitis are symptoms of what deficiency / deficiencies?
14. What is anemia? What nutrient deficiency causes anemia? What kind of anemia is present?
15. Describe transamination and identify the vitamin that is intimately involved in transamination.
16. What nutrient is involved in blood glucose regulation?
17. Deficiencies of which nutrients are rare or uncommon in this country?
18. What nutrient is involved regulating the rate at which we expend energy (kcals)?
33.Fruits and vegetables are good sources of iodine.
35.Which vitamin’s coenzymes transfer high-energy electrons and their associated hydrogen inthe energy pathways? Riboflavin and Niacin (why riboflavin??)
36.Which vitamin’s coenzyme help to liberate carbon dioxide in the TCA (Citric Acid) cycle?