12. You are at the firing range firing your rifle. Your rifle is aimed horizontally toward the center of the bull’s-eye target 100 m away. You fire the bullet horizontally towards the target. If the bullet strikes 10 cm below the center, what was the velocity of the bullet? (Assume free-fall and draw the trajectory.)
a. 300 m/s b. 333 m/s c. 500 m/s d. 700 m/s
13. A 7.0-kg object experiences a net force of 5.0 N. What will be its acceleration?
14. An astronaut applies a force of 500 N to an asteroid, and it accelerates at 7.00 m/s2. What is the asteroid's mass?
15. Two forces act on a 6.00-kg object. One of the forces is 10.0 N. If the object accelerates at 2.00 m/s2, what is the greatest possible magnitude of the other force?
16. The acceleration due to gravity on the Moon's surface is one-sixth that on Earth (gM= gE/6). An astronaut's life support backpack weighs 300 lb on Earth. What does it weigh on the Moon?
a. 1 800 lb b. 300 lb
d. 50 lb