b Ten percent of individuals in the study had false positive tests and 40 had

B ten percent of individuals in the study had false

  • No School
  • AA 1
  • 3

This preview shows page 2 - 3 out of 3 pages.

b. Ten percent of individuals in the study had false positive tests and 40% had false negative tests. c. The new test had a sensitivity of 60% and a specificity of 90% for predicting likelihood of a heart attack during the 10-year follow up. d. Forty percent of individuals in the study had false positive tests and 10% had false negative tests. e. The new test had a sensitivity of 30% and a specificity of 10% for predicting likelihood of a heart attack during the 10-year follow up. f. Thirty percent of individuals in the study had false positive tests and 10% had false negative tests. 5. You are a genetics counselor speaking to a woman who just found out she has a cancer-associated mutation in only one of her BRCA1 alleles. Which one or more of the following statements about her situation is/are FALSE? a. If her mutation causes BRCA1 over-activity, she is at high risk for developing breast or ovarian cancer. b. If she develops a cancer-associated mutation in her other BRCA1 allele, she will be at high risk for developing breast or ovarian cancer. c. She might have inherited the BRCA1 mutation. d. She might have acquired the BRCA1 mutation spontaneously (i.e. it might not be inherited). e. If her cells contain an inherited mutation in only a single BRCA1 allele, those cells could undergo unregulated proliferation.
Image of page 2

Subscribe to view the full document.

Image of page 3
  • Fall '19
  • Atherosclerosis, white blood cell, Atheroma, BRCA1

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Ask Expert Tutors You can ask 0 bonus questions You can ask 0 questions (0 expire soon) You can ask 0 questions (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes