Void before and after intercourse.
37. A nurse is assessing a client following the administration of magnesium sulfate 1 g IV bolus.
For which of the following adverse effects should the nurse monitor?
38. A nurse is caring for a client who has emphysema and is receiving mechanical ventilation.
The client appears anxious and restless, and the high-pressure alarm is sounding. Which of the
following actions should the nurse take first?
39. A nurse is planning care fora client who is undergoing brachytherapy via a sealed vaginal
implant to treat endometrial cancer. Which cations should be included in plan of care?
40. A nurse is assessing a client who has acute cholecystitis. Which of the following findings is
the nurse's priority?
41. A nurse is caring for a client who is postop following a total hip arthroplaty. Which of the
following lab values should the nurse report to the provider?
42. A nurse in an emergency department is caring for a client who has full-thickness burns over
20% of their total body surface area. After ensuring a patent airway and administering oxygen,
which of the following items should the nurse prepare to administer first?
43. A nurse is creating a plan of care for a client who has neutropenia as a result of
chemotherapy. Which of the following interventions should the nurse include in the plan?
44. A nurse is evaluating a client who has a new diagnosis of type 1 DM. Which of the following
client statements indicates the client is successfully coping with the change?
45. A nurse is performing a dressing change for a client who is recovering from a
hemicolectomy. When removing the dressing, the nurse notes that a large part of the bowel is
protruding through the abdomen. Which of the following actions should the nurse take first?