We need to ensure that the information is being updated regularly EHR

We need to ensure that the information is being

This preview shows page 3 - 5 out of 6 pages.

which could result in non-updated patient information. We need to ensure that the information is being updated regularly ( EHR Intelligence, 2015). Office of the National Coordinator or Health 3
Image of page 3
BENCHMARK-ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD IMPLEMENTATION Information Technology (ONC) regulates the standards and certification criteria EHRs must meet to assure health care professionals and hospitals that the systems they adopt are capable of performing certain functions. The ONC HIT Certification Program also supports the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, which provide financial incentives for meaningful use of certified EHR technology ( Shestel, A. 2019). New record To ensure all order sets are a part of the new record we would enlist subject matter experts such as providers, nurses, and pharmacist to engage heavily on the design specific to their expertise. “If possible, host weekly order set development meetings inviting all participants. Encouraging collaboration among all SMEs greatly reduces the time to complete the new order sets ( EHR Intelligence. 2013)”. During implementation these SMEs become “super users” who can provide peer-to-peer assistance for their units.” We would build 80% of all order sets that are most commonly used and the other 20% would be added by providers at a later time. Communicating Change When transitioning to the new program we would have a go-live date, which is the day we would start using the program. When doing so, we would assure that all super users are on staff during the first two weeks to answer questions, help navigate, and take notes on any kinks or bugs that might affect the systems productivity so that we can make changes to improve it. We would continue to discuss updates with staff, allow them to work on virtual EHR so that they can practice a mess around with the system to get familiarized with it.
Image of page 4
Image of page 5

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 6 pages?

  • Spring '19
  • Dr. Cheryl williams
  • Electronic health record

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors