17. A cappella music, which was the Renaissance ideal, is ____.a. Songs accompanied by organb. Polyphonic vocal music with no accompanimentc. Small groups of instruments playing without voicesd. Polyphonic vocal music with one accompanying instrument
18. The Mass Ordinary consists of the following five movements:
Quiz 2 - Baroque1. The most important composers in England and Italy during the early and middle baroque were _____.
2. Baroque style flourished in music during the period ___.
3. The two giants of composition in the high baroque style were ____.a. Henry Purcell and Antonio Vivaldib. Johann Christian Bach and George Frederic Handelc. Galileo Galilei and Johann Sebastian Bachd. George Frederic Handel and Johann Sebastian Bach
4. The early and late baroque periods differed in that composers in the early baroque ___.
5. Dido and Aeneas, which many consider to be the finest opera ever written to an English text, was composed by ___.