EMT-B REFRESHER2012 32) What are some considerations when communicate with the pediatric patient? 33) What are some considerations when communicating with a geriatric patient? 34) Write a full SOAP or Narrative report on a recent trauma call. If you have made no run recently,make a scenario up. Then justify your treatment and actions as if I was the Medical Director.201274
EMT-B REFRESHER2012 35) Define Slander, and defamation, give an example of each? 36) What is an Epi-injector pen and why do we use it? 37) What is the difference between a decongestant and a expectorant?
38) Define the terms: dose, administration, actions, and side effects. 39) How does a patient with Dyspnea present??
40) What is an MDI and what is it used for? 41) What is an AED? 42) Where can we find AED’s? 43) Suppose you have a patient with chest pain, write a SAMPLE Hx. on them?
44) Can we use an AED on an infant or child? 45) What rhythms will the AED defibrillate in? 46) What are the steps in using an AED? 47) In what patients do we use Nitroglycerin and why? 48) what does a patient with Altered Mental Status present like? 201278
EMT-B REFRESHER2012 49) Define DKA, is it a medical emergency, and how do we treat it? 50) What is an anaphylaxis, what signs and symptoms will the patient have?
51) How do we treat a patient in anaphylaxis? 52) Define behavioral emergency, and give an example? 53) What are the risk factors for suicide?
54) How do we effectively calm and assess a mentally disturbed patient? 55) What are the different types of shock, give examples of each? 56) How do we treat an open chest wound?
57) How do we treat an evisceration? 58) How do we treat amputation(s)? 59) What are the different types of Fx. And how do we treat them? 60) How do we treat head and spine injuries? 61)What is rapid extrication? 201282
EMT-B REFRESHER2012 62) Define Gravida. 63) How much bleeding may be acceptable during a normal delivery? 64) Define the APGAR score, how do we measure for the APGAR scale in the newborn? 65) What care does a newborn require? 66)Is a prolapsed cord an emergency, and why?
67) What is a Breech Birth and how can we care for it? 68) How do we care for a limb presentation? 69) What is Meconium and what precautions must we take? 70)What is Croup and how do we treat it?
71) What is Epiglottis and how do we treat it? 72) What kinds of seizures do we most commonly see in children, and how do we treat them? 73) What items may cause shock in a child? 74) What are the different types of abuse that a child may experience and how do we recognize them? 75)Are children susceptible to trauma and why?
76) How can injuries be prevented in children?
- Spring '15
- pulse, shortness of breath, Airway Management, EEI