activities also is required.
26. All of the following may qualify as cash equivalents except
27. Cash equivalents generally would not
include short-term investments in:
28. A firm reported salary expense of $239,000 for the current year. The beginning and ending
balances in salaries payable were $40,000 and $15,000, respectively. What was the amount of
cash paid for salaries?
29. Which of the following is always reported as an outflow of cash?
30. Payments to acquire bonds of other corporations should be classified on a statement of cash
Pastina Company manufactures and sells various types of pasta to grocery chains as private
label brands. The company’s fiscal year-end is December 31. The unadjusted trial balance as
of December 31, 2013, appears below.