76) The first phase of syphilis is characterized by 76) ______ A)a chancre. B)a grayish-greenish discharge from the vagina or the penis. C)a skin rash over the torso. D)blisters on the back which follow the nerve path around to the front. 77) This STI begins with the appearance of a chancre and possible flu-like symptoms. The chancre then goes away and the long-term effects such as insanity and blindness do not show up until at least a decade or so later. This STI is 77) ______ 78)
Because many of the symptoms of syphilis are similar to other diseases, the diagnosis of syphilis includes whichof the following? 78) ______ 79) The STI that, if not treated, could lead to heart disease, sterility, and insanity is 79) ______ 80) When a generalized body rash develops for this STI, an individual has entered 80) ______ A)
latent-stage syphilis B) secondary-stage syphilis C)tertiary-stage syphilis D) primary-stage syphilis 81) The stage of syphilis for which there may be no symptoms at all (for a number of years) is ________ syphilis. 81) ______ 82) All EXCEPT ________ is used in the treatment of syphilis. 82) ______
83) ________ is a disease in which liver function is impaired and for which there is a vaccine. 83) ______ 84) Which STI affects the functioning of the liver and once you test positive for it, you will have a positive blood test for the rest of your life? 84) ______ A)syphilis B) genital warts C) genital herpes D) hepatitis B 85) Which of the following sexually transmitted infections can you catch from toilet seats?
85) ______ 86) Nix or Rid could be used to treat 86) ______ 87) You have an itching sensation in your pubic hair. You notice tiny lice in your pubic hair. You have 87) ______
88) How long can the eggs of "crabs" survive in sheets and clothing? 88) ______ A)one week B) 1 day C)6 days D) a couple of hours
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 64 pages?
- Fall '11
- Sexually transmitted diseases and infections