Page 1 of 12 math 1070q sample final b graph the

This preview shows page 2 - 7 out of 13 pages.

We have textbook solutions for you!
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Elementary and Intermediate Algebra
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chapter 11 / Exercise 77
Elementary and Intermediate Algebra
Tussy/Gustafson
Expert Verified
Page 1 of 12
We have textbook solutions for you!
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Elementary and Intermediate Algebra
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chapter 11 / Exercise 77
Elementary and Intermediate Algebra
Tussy/Gustafson
Expert Verified
Math 1070QSample Final(b) Graph the feasible region and find its corner points.(c) Determine the number of bowls and trays to be produced to maximize profit.Page 2 of 12
Math 1070QSample Final3. A car dealership tracks the number of cars sold every week for several weeks. Let the randomvariableXrepresent the number of cars sold every week.(a) Complete the probability distribution table below.
(b) Find the expected value E(X).(c) Find the variance Var(X).Page 3 of 12
Math 1070QSample Final4. A survey asked 500 people about their magazine-reading habits. It found that in the past year,210 people had readPeoplemagazine orNational Geographicmagazine, 220 had readTimemagazine, 150 had readPeople, 90 had readTimeandPeople, 40 had readPeopleandNationalGeographic, 70 had readTimeandNational Geographic, and 30 had read all three.(a) Represent all of this information in a complete Venn diagram.(b) If someone is selected at random from those surveyed, what is the probability that theyread eitherTimeorPeople, but not both, in the past year?(c) If someone is selected at random from those surveyed, what is the probability that theyread exactly two of the three magazines in the past year?Page 4 of 12
Math 1070QSample Final5. A student has three options for getting to school: she can walk, take the bus, or drive. Shelives quite far from school, so there is only a 20% probability that she will choose to walk.There is a 50% probability that she will choose to take the bus, and 30% probability that shewill choose to drive. If she chooses to walk she only has a 10% probability of being late to herfirst class of the day. If she chooses to take the bus, which is often crowded, there is a 40%

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture