Career Essay - SLS1001 - Andres Anez.docx

Another thing i asked him was about his long term

This preview shows page 2 - 4 out of 4 pages.

because I like very much to solve problems. Another thing I asked him was about his long-term goal. He told me that he wants to work in a stock exchange agency in the future because it is a
Image of page 2

Subscribe to view the full document.

Anez 3 more dynamic market. Currently, Bolivia i s very young in this segment. Mauricio says he can see more opportunities coming for the country as it slowly opens up its growing market to the rest of the world. In the past, he said, he had the chance to work abroad in the biggest cooperative of South America where he did his internship. He said that going to work abroad is one of his goals, but the first thing in his mind is his family because it is a very important aspect, so he would have to plan it very carefully with them. This interview was very helpful because Mauricio gave me another point of view. This helped me to truly understand this career and the possible jobs I can get in the future. It reminds me a lot of the career night that we had at college the last Wednesday because it fitted very well on what we heard. When we listened to all these people’s experiences, we gain a lot of wisdom from them. Mariana and Gabriela really opened my eyes with all the things they said about their time abroad. For example, they said that we should focus on an internship to gain a lot of work experience, and to have a more interesting curriculum vitae. They told us that 80% of your experience and knowledge is gained at work, and the remaining 20% at school. Now I have an idea of what to expect in the States, so now I am more relaxed. After listening to the career night speakers as well as Mauricio, my opinion about the career I chose was fortified in a very positive way. Since the beginning, I already knew that Business Management was the career I wanted because it has the knowledge I need. Starting my own company, and
Image of page 3
Image of page 4

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern