Determine the z value that will give an area of 09 to

Info icon This is a preview. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
39. Determine the z-value that will give an area of 0.9 to the left. For numbers 40 to 44: The distribution of midterm exam scores in STATLIT is normal with mean 81 and standard deviation 6. ( Please refer to the given statistical output s below) Normal Probabilities Common Data Mean 81 Standard Deviation 6 Probability for a Range Probability for X <= From X Value 85 X Value 93 To X Value 93 Z Value 2 Z Value for 85 0.666667 P(X<=93) 0.9772499 Z Value for 93 2 P(X<=85) 0.7475 Probability for X > P(X<=93) 0.9772 X Value 85 P(85<=X<=93) 0.2297 Z Value 0.6666667 P(X>85) 0.2525 Find X and Z Given Cum. Pctage. Cumulative Percentage 25.00% Probability for X<93 or X >85 Z Value -0.67449 P(X<93 or X >85) 1.2297 X Value 76.95306 Find X and Z Given Cum. Pctage. Cumulative Percentage 75.00% Z Value 0.6744898 X Value 85.0469
Image of page 6
7 Probability for X > X Value 95 Z Value 2.3333333 P(X>95) 0.0098 Find X and Z Given Cum. Pctage. Cumulative Percentage 75.00% Z Value 0.67449 X Value 85.04694
Image of page 7
Image of page 8
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern