1. In an attempt to detect the presence of the pathogenic strain of E. coli O157:H7, a researcher spread a culture onto a MacConkey agar with failed results. What type of agar should they (correctly) try next? Why?
1. In Eosin Methylene Blue (EMB) agar, what color indicates the presence of E. coli?
2. Which type of agar media is best suited to support the growth of Staphylococcus?
1. What is the process of spreading a bacterial culture onto a petri dish?
2. Describe the primary advantage of using a petri dish over growing a liquid culture?