Sales representatives commissions are 10 of sales and

  • No School
  • AA 1
  • 7

This preview shows page 3 - 5 out of 7 pages.

Sales representatives' commissions are 10% of sales and are paid in the month of the sales. The sales manager's monthly salary is $3,100. g. Monthly general and administrative expenses include $13,000 administrative salaries and 0.5% monthly interest on the long-term note payable. h. The company expects 20% of sales to be for cash and the remaining 80% on credit. Receivables are collected in full in the month following the sale (none are collected in the month of the sale). i. All raw materials purchases are on credit, and no payables arise from any other transactions. One month's raw materials purchases are fully paid in the next month. j. The minimum ending cash balance for all months is $41,000. If necessary, the company borrows enough cash using a short- term note to reach the minimum. Short-term notes require an interest payment of 1% at each month-end (before any repayment). If the ending cash balance exceeds the minimum, the excess will be applied to repaying the short-term notes payable balance. Llully cub wurunice Lacuru uI HII ILTIUI, II Lawwww We uppnicului puyurry u JIIVIL CHITUL puyunin vuIunice. k. Dividends of $11,000 are to be declared and paid in May. 1.
Image of page 3
No cash payments for income taxes are to be made during the second calendar quarter. Income tax will be assessed at 40% in the quarter and paid in the third calendar quarter. m. Equipment purchases of $131,000 are budgeted for the last day of June. Required: Prepare the following budgets and other financial information as required. All budgets and other financial information should be prepared for the second calendar quarter, except as otherwise noted below. (Round calculations up to the nearest whole dollar, except for the amount of cash sales, which should be rounded down to the nearest whole dollar.): 1. Sales budget. 2. Production budget. 3. Raw materials budget. 4. Direct labor budget. 5. Factory overhead budget. 6. Selling expense budget. 7. General and administrative expense budget. 8. Cash budget. 9. Budgeted income statement for the entire second quarter (not for each month separately). 10. Budgeted balance sheet. Answer is not complete. Complete this question by entering your answers in
Image of page 4
Image of page 5

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 7 pages?

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors