9. Chapter 2 describes a desolate area of land that Nick calls “a valley of ashes,” located on the road halfway between East Egg and New York City. What is painted on a large billboard there?
10. Who lives in the garage half way between East Egg and New York City?
11. How do Tom, Nick, and Myrtle get to New York in chapter 2?
12. What does Tom buy for Myrtle from the man who looks like J. D. Rockefeller and how much does this item cost?
Chapter 3 and 4:10. List 3 examples of Gatsby’s elaborate, expensive preparations for the party described in chapter 3.
11. What fact makes Nick unusual among the many guests at the party?