24) When the House of Representatives passed the Tallmadge Amendment in response to Missouri's request for admission to the Union, the South thought that the amendmenta.would threaten the sectional balance.b.might keep alive the institution of slavery.c.would slow the growth of the West.d.would silence the abolitionists.e.would keep Maine out of the union.
25) The first state entirely west of the Mississippi River to be carved out of the Louisiana Territory was
26) In the North, the admission of Missouri as a state
27) As a result of the Missouri Compromise
28) People moved into the Old Northwest for all of the following reasons excepta.the canal and highway boom opened the area to settlement.b.the Indian threat had been substantially weakened.c.to acquire cheap and productive land.d.to escape the domination of wealthy plantation owners.e.to expand the territory where slavery was legal.