45. In classical conditioning in order for
(conditioned response) to occur the __________
stimulus is presented first then secondly the ___________ stimulus is presented. Page 203-204 ----
46. Christopher used to drink water from a drinking fountain just before physics class. One time, he felt
nauseated right after drinking the water. After that, to avoid the risk of nausea, he stopped drinking at the
fountain. Christopher learned the connection between the water fountain and feeling nauseated because
he experienced ______________. Page 203 ---- acquisition
47. Fluffy is the Smith's pet cat. Fluffy has learned through classical conditioning that if she hears her
owner open the food box then the food bowel will be reloaded. However if the kitty's owner opens the
food box several times but does not fill her bowel then Fluffy learns that this sound is no longer a predictor
of food. This vignette demonstrates the process of ______________. Page 204
48. T: extinction, Page 204 ---- A process in which the conditioned response is weakened when the
conditioned stimulus is repeated without the unconditioned stimulus.
(within the context of classical conditioning) reduces the strength of the associative bond
does it completely eliminate the bond? Note: the answer to this question is either yes or no.Page 205- NO
50. T: spontaneous recovery, Page 205 ---- A process in which a previously extinguished response
reemerges after the conditioned stimulus is presented again.
51. T: stimulus generalization, Page 205 ----- Learning that occurs when stimuli that are similar but not
identical to the conditioned stimulus produce the conditioned response.