19) Ras is mutated in 30% of human tumors.
How does mutant Ras contribute to cancer?
a) Sends a signal even without receiving one
b) Does not send a signal, even after receiving one
Binds PDGF even without receiving a signal
Enters the nucleus and binds an enhancer, even without a signal
e) Phosphorylates another protein, even without a signal
20) The p53 protein ITSELF
21) Why do plasmids used for cloning contain antibiotic resistance genes?
22) What is used to JOIN TOGETHER two pieces of DNA that have the same sticky ends?
23) The Ti plasmid
a) Contains DNA that integrates into a plant chromosome
b) Contains DNA that integrates into a bacterial chromosome.
Contains DNA that integrates into an animal chromosome.
d) Enhances the rate of gene transfer between bacteria.
Is injected into animal cell nuclei to make transgenic animals.
24) Which sequence is likely to be a Restriction Enzyme recognition site?
25) What is a nucleic acid probe used for?