Organisms such as clams and mussels would be a better choice, as they are actually beneficial to
the environment due to their unique water filtering capabilities.
14. What are two ways in which escaped farm fish can impact wild populations?
15. What are some ways in which aquaculture can be more sustainable?
(3 pts each)
Click the following link:
Watch the videos and/or read the captions to learn about the different ways in which seafood is
harvested. For some methods, there will be a video; for others, there will just be an image and a
Answer the following questions in your own words and in complete sentences:
16. What are three ways that longlining can be made safer for non-target species?
17. Which method has the least amount of bycatch?
18. Which two methods are most damaging to seafloor habitat?
19. Which method can catch the most fish at once?
20. Why are fish-aggregating devices a problem?
21. Why is ranching an issue for wild populations genetically?