12. How are osteons in compact bone tissue aligned? How does the osteon arrangementaffect bone strength? (Central canal runs through them)a. horizontal to the metaphysis; the epiphyseal plate resists tearing due to the arrangement of osteons. b. parallel to the epiphysis; the spongy bone follows the alignment of the osteonsincreasing the strength of the bone ends. *c. parallel to the length of the diaphysis; the shaft resists bending even when stresses are applied in certain directions. d. randomly between the epiphyseal plates; the random arrangement of osteons makes the shaft strong no matter what direction the bone is stressed. e. parallel to the perforating canals; the osteons running adjacent to the canals protects the vessels and nerves from becoming damaged.
13. Why would running and jumping have a larger effect on bone health than walking?
14. Which two minerals are needed in large quantities when bones are growing?
15. In endochondral ossification, what is the original source of osteoblasts?
16. Which type of fracture is considered a partial fracture and is only seen in children? a. open b. comminuted c. impacted *d. greenstick e. stress