1. In tomatoes, tall is dominant and short is recessive. Red fruit is dominant and yellow fruit is recessive. Choose a key for height:T= tall, t= shortfor color of fruit:R = red, r = yellowWhat is the genotype of a plant heterozygous for both traits?TtRr What are the possible gametes for this plant?
2. Using words, what are the likely parental genotypes if the results of a two-trait problemare 1:1:1:1 among the offspring?
3. In horses, black (B) and trotting gait (T) are dominant while brown (b) and a pacing gait (t) are recessive. If a black trotter (homozygous for both traits) is mated to a brown pacer , what ratio is expected among the offspring?
4. Two black trotters have a brown pacer offspring. What is the genotype of all horses involved? black trotter parents
5. The phenotypic ratio among the offspring for two corn plants producing purple and smooth kernels is 9:3:3:1. (See p, 110 for the key) a. What is the genotype of the parental plants?
6. Which matings could produce at least some fruit flies heterozygous in both traits? Write yes or no beside each. (You do not need a key.)
7. State two new crosses that could not produce fruit flies heterozygous in both traits.