Answer Review Questions 1- 11, pg 4-29
1. Layers give options to control the visibility of objects, whether objects will be
plotted or not, how line will appear and be plotted, and whether objects on a
layer are editable or frozen to the working space. On
Review Questions pg. 6-26, #s 1-9
1) Dimensions and notes give details about the object drawn.
2) Detail drawings are only supposed to contain dimensions necessary in order
to make the design. Dimensions of the same feature of the design should only
Answer Review Questions 1- 8, pg 3-40
1. You use it to keep the object aligned with another one and to move an object
in a path that is straight.
2. A line does not have width. A polyline has adjustable width.
3. The explode command breaks a compound obje
Review Questions pg. 37, #s 1-8
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using CAD systems to
create engineering drawings?
The result of using CAD is increased accuracy and productivity. The tedious
drafting and detailing tasks are simplified on CA