Chapter Case: Korean Air
1) What are some key elements of communication that you gathered from this case?
2) What are some of the potential internal and external (PR) dangers associated with
mandating the English language be spoken by non-native English s
Chapter Case: W.L. Gore and Associates
1) What aspects of an "unmanagement" approach can you identify as potentially
hazardous to overall productivity and profitability in a company the size of Gore? Why
do you think Gore has been able to avoid these haza
XC Chapter 8 Case Spirit Airlines
1) Spirits number one goal seems to be the lowest price airline ticket. Is this a SMART
2) Do you think this strategic goal of lowest price ticket will continue to be a successful
strategy for Spirit?
Chapter Case Square
1) What type of controls do you think will be important for Square as it continues to
grow and expand?
2) How is Square using information and technology to create a business product that is
appealing to customers?
Download the XC Chapt
Chapter Case: Kazuhiro Tsuga, President of Panasonic Corporation
1) Which attributes does Tsuga possess that allow so many believe he is such a strong
leader? Why do these attributes seem to be effective?
2) What did Panasonic need to change in order to s
XC Chapter 1 Case Facebook
1) Chapter One discusses four success factors for organizations. Which of these factors
do you see operating within Facebook?
2) Which of the four functions of management discussed in Chapter One stand out within
this Facebook c
XC Chapter 5 Case Zumba
1) Diversity is the centerpiece of the mission of Zumba. True or False? Explain.
2) What lessons can future entrepreneurs learn from Zumba in terms of the importance
of diversity to entrepreneurial ventures?
3) Can an organizationa
Chapter Case: Big Bottom Market
1) What would be the next strategy you would implement at Big Bottom Market? Why?
2) Why do you think the team's decision to focus on increasing store-based revenue in
their current market instead of expanding to new market
Chapter Case: Valve Corporation
1) What approaches to Management discussed in chapter two are best reflected within
In what ways is the Humanistic Approach to Management in practice at Valve?
2) What would Chester Barnard and/or Jay Forrester have
Chapter Case: Chipotle
1) Is Chipotle a socially responsible organization? Why or Why Not?
2) Some would argue that Chipotle is NOT be socially responsible because its menu is full
of very high fat and high calories items. How would you respond to such cr
Chapter Case Zipcar
1) What are some of the primary reasons a popular, subjectively successful company
like Zipcar can perform so poorly financially? How might you address those issues?
2) Is market expansion a good strategy to increase profitability for
Chapter Case: Millennials in the Workplace
1) Generation Y and Generation X tend to have conflicting expectations regarding
workplace conduct. Discuss some of these differences.
2) How have some baby boomers attempted to better manage Millennials?
XC Chapter 4 Case AstraZeneca
1) What aspects of AstraZenecas external environment are impacting its success?
2) If you were a top manager at AstraZeneca, what would you do to your internal
environment to help you manage these external factors confronting
Management 3000 Learning Objectives Module 1 (Spring 2009)
( ) The professor may announce additions, deletions, or
revisions to any of these learning objections for Module 1.
These learning objectives are meant to be a guide to
Module Three Learning Objectives Module Three Spring 2009
NOTE: I DID NOT INCLUDE THE STUFF THAT HAS THE STAR ( ) BY IT. FIND
THAT FROM SOMEONE IN CLASS.
Segment 11 Motivation (Chapter 13)
1. Explain the three need theories and their significant contribut
Personality consists of the stable psychological traits and behavioral attributes that
give a person his or her identity
Big Five Personality Dimensions 1. Extroversion2. Agreeableness3.
Conscientiousness4. Emotional Stability5. Openness to ex
motivation the psychological processes that arouse and direct goal-directed
Integrated Model of Motivation- Personal Factors -personalityability-core self-evaluations-emotions-attitudes-needs
Integrated Model of Motivation- Contextual
communication the transfer of information and understanding from one person
to another, transfer of message with intended meaning
sender person wanting to share information that is called a message
receiver person for whom the message is intend
Definition of leadership? ability to influence employees to voluntarily pursue
7 characteristics of being a manager?
"what you do"1. planning,
organizing, directing, controlling2. executing plans & delivering goods/services
Chapter 01 - Managing
Multiple Choice Questions
27. (p. 6) Which of the following is NOT one of the key elements that make the current
business landscape different from the past?
C. Technological change
D. The importance of k
Chapter 02 - The External Environment and Organizational Culture
The External Environment and Organizational Culture
Management Exam 1 Study Guide
a group of people who work together to achieve some specific purpose
2. Management: (1) the pursuit of organizational goals efficiently and effectively by (2)
integrating the work of people throu