I want to make sure you know how to get your answers. Please put down the procedures you
used for your calculation.
All data required for calculation is included in the table at the very end of this assignment.
1. (10 pts
MIN E 612: GEOSTATISTICAL METHODS
The next 2 weeks:
Parametric CDFs and PDFs
Non-parametric CDFs and PDFs
September 13: No Class . CANCELLED
September 15: ( Due date for 2nd assignment )
Due date: Feb. 18, 2013
1. (5 pts) Describe each orifice factor for calculating the gas flow rate.
Fb: basic orifice factor is dependent on the location of the taps, the internal diameter of the run, and
the size of the orifice.
1. (2 pts) What is production decline curve analysis?
The basis of decline-curve analysis is to match past production performance histories or
trends (i.e., actual production rate/time data) with a model. Assuming future pro
1. (5 pts) What is natural gas? What is main composition of natural gas? What are the possible
impurities in the natural gas?
Natural gas is found in porous geological formations beneath the earths surface. It is a
1. (3 pts) Specify the feature equations for different gas flow regimes, and explain the physical meaning
of each equation.
2. (5 pts) What is skin factor? What are causes for skin effect around the wellbore?
3. (3 pts) Speci
1. (2 pts) Please write down the definition of pseudo-real pressure representation for a pressure
2. (3 pts) The following diagram shows the pressure changes with a location i and time. Please
label the curves
1. (5 pts) What are assumptions for production analysis using Arps model?
1. The well analyzed is producing from an unchanging drainage area with no-flow
2. The well analyzed has constant permeability and skin factor
1. (2 pts) Deliverability gas well tests can be used to determine the following (select the right
ones) a, c, d
a. Maximum gas flow rate
b. Tubing performance relationship
c. Reservoir inflow performance relationship
1. (4 pts) What is the deliverability gas well test? What are the common types of deliverability gas well
Deliverability tests, also called backpressure tests, its testing of a gas well to measure its
1. (5 pts) LIST possible flow geometries for petroleum fluids flow in the porous media, and
present an example for each of these flow geometries.
-In the absence of severe reservoir heterogeneities, flow into or
Identify all distinctive features of the
model and the model domain
Dimension of whole structure. Dimension of region of interest
Geometric features: how to construct/get the geometry
Collect input data (geometry, loads, material, etc.)
Which material wil