1. The sugar substitute with the most intense sweetness is.
1. high fructose corn syrup
2. Strawberries and squash are examples of fruits that have peak respiration prior to harvest. This makes
1. Given the assortment of chemicals found in chocolate, which of the following is not a mood altering
stimulant or relaxant but is known to alter the flavor of milk chocolate?
2. butyric acid
1. Which of the following is a nutritious component of milk, is a disaccharide and is
approximately 5% of whole milk?
3. Casein and whey protein
4. Butterfat and cream
5. all of the above
2. Which of the following is likely t
1. The chemical feeling factor that is related to consuming capsaicin is known as .
2. The purpose of HACCP is to eliminate the production of unsafe foods for consumers. The principle of
1. Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages may result in weight gain because ethanol provides 7
kcal/gram, which is more than the 4 kcal/gram provided by either starch or protein.
1. True #
2. Which of the following does provide cal
1. In the trans configuration of a fatty acid, the hydrogen (H) atoms are bonded in which position?
1. on the opposite side of the C=C (carbon double bond) #
2. only in the omega 3 or 6 location
3. on the same side of the C=C (carbon double bond)
Which of the following is false?
1. StarLink is a genetically modified corn developed by Aventis that contained an insecticidal
protein derived from a bacterium.
2. GMO foods may be identified by using detection methods such as monoclonal anti
An acceptable and safe method for thawing a turkey is
1. on a kitchen counter for a day or two
2. with hot water
3. in a deep fat fryer on the driveway
4. in a refrigerator for two to four days #
5. in an ice chest with ziplock bags containin
1. Arranging five samples in order of saltiness is an example of measuring data according to .
5. all of the above
2. A sensory test in which 75-100 human subjects are asked if the product is liked or