1. Search the above products for examples of each of the following additives.
Write down the name of the product and the additive.
Chapter 14 Questions
1. Define the term critical period. How do adverse influences during critical periods affect
Are times when a fetus under goes critical development and rapid cell division
during specific times, and
Chapter 16 Questions
1. What roles does nutrition play in aging, and what roles can it play in retarding aging?
Adopting healthy eating and physical habits can have a long list of benefits as a
person ages. Aging adults can increase
2. Considering all the data you have gathered over the course of this project, pick on topic to
discuss: heart disease risk, osteoporosis risk, or overweight/obesity.
Over the course of this
Chapter 15 Questions
1. Describe some of the nutrient and immunological attributes of breast milk.
Breast milk is largely made of fats to support the infants rapid growth, and the
carbohydrate disaccharide lactose. Oligosaccharides
Chapter 9 Questions
1. List the major causes of obesity. Which ones can be controlled by dietary manipulations
or behavior modifications?
Genetics play a role in your chance or cause of obesity, but your genes do not have to
Chapter 5 Questions
1. Name the three classes of lipids found in the body and in foods. What are some of their
functions in the body?
Phospholids, triglyceries, and terols. Their functions of the body are to provide
and store energy
Chapter 6 Questions
1. Describe the structure of amino acids, and explain how their sequence in proteins affects
the proteins shapes. What are the essential amino acids?
All amino acids have a central carbon atom with a hydrogen ato
Chapter 4 Questions
1. Which Carbohydrates are described and which are complex?
Monosaccharaides: single sugars, disaccharides: pairs of sugar
monosaccharaides, and polysaccharides which are complex.
2. Describe the structure of a monosacch