Alfred Wegener: Proposed that all continents were once one (Pangaea)
4 Major observations:
1. Fit of continental margins
2. Distribution of fossils
3. Matching geologic structures
Hypothesis REJECTED (No mechanism)
Pull of moo
Meteorology: The study of the atmospheres physical characteristic, motions, and
processes, and effects on the environment.
1. Forecasting weather
2. Research in air pollution control
3. Air and sea transportation
4. Global warmi
1. List 5 characteristics that the Mercalli Scale depends on when calculating intensity.
2. List the 2 parts of the dip-slip fault. Give a short explanation of each part.
3. Put in order from oldest to younges
Five definitions of desert:
1) Desert: A region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only
sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all.
Chapter #5 (168-169)
3) What was Pangaea?
- Pangaea was the supercontinent which 200 million years ago began to break apart and form the
9) What are the three major types of plate bo
Study Guide Test #3
Hydrologic Cycle: Driven by the sun and influenced by wind. Atmosphere links oceans
and continents. (Closed System)
2. Transpiration (loss of water from plant