Chapter #4: Energy of Life
What is energy?
List 2 types of energy:
What is thermodynamics?
State the First Law of Thermodynamics.
State the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
What is entropy?
What are endergonic reactions?
Page 1 of 19
The Chemistry Of Life
Friday, December 11, 2015 2:44 PM
Atoms Make Up All Matter
Matter is any material that takes up space, such as organisms, rocks, the oceans, and gases in
the atmosphere. This chapter concentrate on the
Page 1 of 11
The Study of Life
Monday, December 7, 2015 4:54 PM
Biology: is the scientific study of life.
List of all basic components
The cell is the basic unit of life. A living individual that has one or more cells is an organism.
Study Guide Ch #9
Sexual Reproduction and Meiosis
1. What is asexual reproduction?
2. What is sexual reproduction?
3. How do bacterial cells transfer genetic material?
4. Sexual reproduction produces _.
5. Give an example of somatic cells.
Study Guide Ch # 8
1. Cells replicate and produce _.
2. What is apoptosis?
3. What is the cell genome?
4. What are chromosomes made of?
5. How many chromosomes are found in the human cell?
6. What is chromatin?
7. What are nucleosomes
Study Guide Ch # 7
1. What does DNA stand for?
2. Who discovered DNA and when was it discovered?
3. What is the role of DNA?
4. Where is DNA found in the cell?
5. Who was Fred Griffith?
4. Describe his famous experiment Transformation?
5. What im
Study Guide Chapter #6
How Cells Release Energy
1. What is cellular respiration?
2. What are the 3 steps of aerobic respiration?
3. Write down the chemical equation of aerobic respiration.
a. What is glycolysis?
b. Where in
Chapter #5 Photosynthesis
1. What is photosynthesis? Give some examples of organisms that perform
2. What are autotrophs?
3. What are heterotrophs?
4. Write down the chemical equation of photosynthesis.
5. What is the electromagnetic spect
Patterns of Inheritance
1. Who is the father of Modern Genetics?
2. What are alleles?
3. What plants were the original source of the genetic experiments?
4. What was Mendels experimental approach for breeding peas?
5. What is the differ
- Photosynthesis: Process by which plants, algae, and some microorganisms harness solar
energy and convert it into chemical reactions
- Autotrophs: Organism that produces organic molecules by acquiring carbon from
inorganic sources; primary prod
- Cell: The smallest unit of life that can function independently
- 3 Principles of the cell
1. All organism made of one or more cells
2. Cell is the fundamental unit of life
3. All cells come from preexisting cells ( Contradicts spontaneous ge
Biology: Is the scientific study of life
5 qualities of life
1. Life is organized
2. Life requires energy
3. Life maintain internal constancy
4. Life produces itself, grow and develop
5. Life evolves
6 different kingdoms:
Chapter #2: THE CHEMISTRY OF LIFE
1. Distinguish between matter and energy?
2. What is an atom?
3. What are the 3 subatomic particles and their charges?
4. What is atomic number?
5. What is mass number?
6. What is an element?
7. What is a
Chapter #1: The Scientific Study of Life
1. What is biology?
2. What are the five characteristics of a living organism or characteristics of life?
2. What are the 6 different kingdoms and give a description of each one.
Chapter #3: CELLS
1. Define cell.
2. What are the 3 principles of the cell theory?
3. What are the two main categories of cells and the three domains they fall into?
4. What are the differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?
5. What is the fu
Page 1 of 15
Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:20 AM
Cells Are The Units of Life
Cells is the smallest unit of life that can function independently. For all organisms consist of
these microscopic structures. Coordinated biochemical act