Chapter 4 Case: SouthWestern University: (B)
1. Develop a forecasting model, justifying its selection over other techniques, and project
attendance through 2014.
1. Based on your knowledge of the global business environment and the positioning of South Face
with regard to its markets and supply sources, what do you think are some of the major global
issues that will be relevant to the area of
Supreme Sound Explosion
1. What is the delivery cost per unit of woofers and tweeters for each option?
Option 1: W1 + T1= 3122
Option 2: W1 + T1= 3122
Option 3: W1 + T1= 3121
Option 4: W1 + T1= 3121
2. Why do the delivery cost for woofers and tw
Chapter 7 Case: Rochester Manufacturings Process Decision.
1. As a production manager for RMC, what do you recommend? Why?
As production manager I would recommend the implementation of the new FMS. As a manager
my job would be easier and therefore better
Chapter 6 Case: Southwestern University: (C)*
1. Using at least two different quality tools, analyze the data and present your conclusions.
From the attached Histogram we can see that entertainment is the most liked by the people and
then the selection of
Chapter 6 Case: Bayfield Mud Company
1. What is your analysis of the bag-weight problem?
There are many causes related to the bag weight problem, Bayfield is constantly performing
controls to determine the weight of the bags, and this is the apropiate way
Chapter 5 Case: De Mars Product Strategy
1. What is Del Mars product? Identify the tangible parts of this product and its service
De Mar is a company that provide services (plumbing, heating and air conditioning), the tangible
parts of the ser
Tommy Hilfiger and Li & Fung
1. What reasons do you think led Tommy Hilfiger to consider this unique approach to transfer its
sourcing operations to Li & Fung?
I think that what led Tommy Hilfiger to sell its global sourcing group to Li & Fung a
Fitness Retreads, LLP: A Sequel
1. What is your evaluation of the various proposals made by the partners of Core Fitness and
Fitness Retreads? What Challenges and issues do they face? What factors in the current
environment favor their proposed
Elvis Golf Ltd
1. In terms of production strategy, should Boone stick with mass production or try something else,
In this case mass production would not be the best option because mass production strategy
works well for products with a
Bath King Industries
1. Analyze the logistics service and cost constraints imposed on BKI by the chain stores request.
With this new request from the small chain store of shipping orders directly to the stores, the
order volume will increase, th