The Psychological Impact of War
War has been inevitable it seems, since the start of early civilization. Whether it be due
to religious views, land, or resources, the bloodshed that takes place always affects the humans
surrounded and involved with it. It
1. What is peak oil? Peak Oil, an event based on M. King Hubberts theory, is the
point in time when the maximum rate of extraction of petroleum is reached, after
which it is expected to enter terminal decline.
2. A barrel of oi
1. Who was the Spaniard that conquered the Inca? Francisco Pizarro Gonzalez
2. Where did the Europeans get their domesticated animals from? The Fertile
3. This powerful animal seemed exotic, even frightening, to the Inca when
they first laid eyes
Kilauea: Mountain of Fire
1. The Hawaiian Islands are formed by through?
Hawaii arose straight out of hotspots down in the earths mantle.
2. What are kipukas? What is found there?
A chance diversion in the lavas course can leave defiant oasis amid the
1. What are blood diamonds used for?
It was a symbol of love, affection, and faithfulness, the diamond is now increasingly
linked with war, blood, and brutality. In the diamond rich West African nation of
Sierra Leone, rebels
1. Since the 1980s China government has allowed for the return of economic
2. What produces 1/3 of Chinas economy? State owned enterprises
3. The country people are not happy with the economic change in China, and
tens of th
1. What is Russias main crisis today?
In the first six months of 2005 Russias population fell by half a million. According to the
governments own statistics, by 2050, it could lose up to half of its people. But the route of the
Climate Change and
1. The Caribbean is the most tourism independent region in the world. 80% of
revenue of some of the islands is derived from the trade.
2. Climate change is the Caribbeans most pressing issue. List 5 effects of climate
China felt it was rapidly overpopulating, and it introduced the One-Child Policy. Was it fair for the
Chinese government to impose a one-child per family limit on Chinese society? Explain your answer.
No, personally I dont believe that Chinas One-Child Po
Nature of Geography
Geography as the Spatial Science
The study of spatial variation How & Why things differ from place to place on Earth
Subfields of Geography
Spatial Variation of Physical & Human Phenomena